- Winter 2019 Schedule & Descriptions
- SPECIAL EVENTS
- POLLINATE Improvising Dance, Music & Community
- 4th or 5th Saturday of the Month
- Jan 26, Feb 23, Mar 30, April 27, May 25, Jun 22 (Solstice!) & July 27
- WEEKLY SCHEDULE
- Every Tuesday Night Drop-in Contact Improv Class & Jam 7:30-9:30 PM @ Church of the Good Shepherd, 114 Queen St N, Downtown Kitchener (near Centre in the Square) $15 suggested (Pay-What-Makes-Deep-Sense)
- What is Contact Improvisation?
- Contact Improvisation Classes & Jams
- Classes are facilitated by Tanya Williams, Tim Spronk, James Jesso, Monica Chamberland, Reba Campbell, Zach Summerhayes & Guest Teachers To find out more about the focus of upcoming classes & who is facilitating, visit KW Contact Jam on Facebook for regular updates.
- FRIENDS OF THE FLOOR DANCE-THEATRE is an evolving ecosystem of dancers, actors and context artists investigating and improvising: What creates the cultural conditions for co-intelligence, collaboration and flow toward creating the world we deeply want? This happens through growing a trust in the wisdom of the individual & collective body-mind-in-process, primarily through the practice of movement, sound and contact improvisation.
- TANYA WILLIAMS is a context artist with a passion for dancing with complex systems… in community, on the land, and in the body. In her classes, she loves sharing both practical and magical pathways into the dance, and has been doing this for 20 years. She studied Alexander Technique movement education and Structural Integration bodywork for many years and enjoys developing new ways to draw on all these forms to enrich the practice of contact improvisation. In recent years, she has explored the integration of the Pathway work of Laurel Mellin, integrating contact improvisation & authentic movement into an embodied self-facilitated practice for consciously changing neurological pathways. She has been working with the MT Space (Multi-cultural Theatre Space) for over 10 years, and currently gets totally inspired facilitating devised physical theatre with youth. She co-founded the Ontario Regional Contact Jam, Friends of the Floor Dance-Theatre and The Living Room Context 24/7 learning community exploring what it means to embody a systems understanding and an experience of flow in everyday life. The practice of contact improvisation invites her to find delight in her learning edges and generate full-body co-intelligence with others to create the dance she wants as it emerges.
- TIM SPRONK has been dancing for 25 years. He started training at the School of Alberta Ballet in Edmonton, Alberta. After completing a B.F.A. at York he joined the Newton Moraes company and had since worked for a variety of independent choreographers and companies. He was a founding member of the Chimera Project and danced with Kaeja d’Dance for eight years. Currently a member of the Arabesque dance company and orchestra, Tim has most recently appeared at the Canada Dance Festival with CORPUS. Aside from dancing, Tim works as personal trainer and is an instructor for Join the Dance Canada, a charity that brings ballroom dance to young people in the GTA. Tim has actively practiced Contact Improvisation for 20 years, and he is eager to share his knowledge of strength training, dance partnering and internal martial arts to help fellow students expand their skills for safe, dynamic play in Contact Dance.
- FEE: ***PAY WHAT MAKES DEEP SENSE***
- Recent Posts
- Recent Comments